INTERNATIONAL ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION – TEACHING & LEADERSHIP
(Awarded By Nanyang Institute of Management)
School of Early Childhood Education
At the end of the programme, students are able to apply new, innovative ways to:
- plan, implement and evaluate a developmentally appropriate and stimulating multicultural education curriculum for young children;
- design a developmentally appropriate and stimulating environment to support the multicultural education curriculum for young children;
- plan, implement and evaluate a developmentally appropriate and stimulating ICT curriculum for young children;
- design a developmentally appropriate and stimulating environment to support the ICT curriculum for young children.
- incorporate good communication, IT and teambuilding skills in their teaching and learning;
- apply interpersonal skills to work effectively with children, parents, colleagues and the community;
- apply counselling skills to work effectively with parents of children with special needs, learning disabilities and abused children;
- gain an understanding of being a leader in early childhood settings; and
- learned the leadership styles in early childhood care and education contact.
SAMPLE COURSE PLAN
DELIVERY ASSESSMENTS & AWARDS
This course is entirely delivered in Singapore. Students have access to local qualified lecturers and academic resources provided by Nanyang Institute of Management.
Learning takes place through a combination of lectures, tutorials, workshops, seminars private and group study time, and self-directed learning. Resources and materials provided for students include a wide range of textbooks, journals, and media.
Assessment of modules comprises individual and/or group oral presentation, written assignments, and supervised teaching practice.
Upon passing all modules, a student will be awarded International Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Education – Teaching & Leadership by Nanyang Institute of Management.
Note: The course has not been accredited by the Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA), the effect of which is that the course will not be recognised as a professional qualification required for the registration of pre-school teachers in Singapore. This condition will be in effect until such time that the PEI provides evidence to CPE that the course has been officially accredited by ECDA.
POTENTIAL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates may choose to pursue a future(but not limited to) in these department/industries.
The course comprises the following modules.
- Philosophy History and Tenets
- Child Development 0-3 years
- Child Development 4-8 years
- Observation, Assessment and Evaluation
- Classroom Management and Positive Guidance
- Curriculum Planning, Development and Implementation
- Planning and Designing the Learning Environment
- Technology for Young Children
- Safety, Health, Hygiene and Nutrition
- Working with Families, Communities and Agencies
- Supervised Teaching Practices – Project One
- Current Issues and Research in Early Years Studies
- Administration and Management in Early Years Setting
- Leadership and Supervision in Early Education
- Teacher as Reflective Practitioner
- Leadership Practices – Project Two
For detailed information on modules, please click here.
- Duration: 14 months for Full-time studies
- Average Teacher-Student Ratio: 1 : 30
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years of formal education and passed in equivalence of GCE ‘A’ Level Credits in 2 different subjects including a credit of at least C6 in English Language or its equivalence.
- Candidates who do not have the required English proficiency document may take the NIM English Placement Test and/or do an interview.
Fees for Fee Protection Scheme
Fees for Medical Insurance Scheme
Total Fee (Excluding 7% GST)
Total Fee (Including 7% GST)
Other Mandator Fees
Application Fee: $107.00
Application Fee: $428.00
*All fees quoted are in Singapore dollars.